Monday, September 25, 2006

What A Weekend!!

Well to start with, the weekend came sooner for me than expected.
On Friday we had a project account party in the evening...
We were taken to a place called Lekha farms close to the Mumbai-Pune highway.
A nice place to run away from the hub-bub of the city but still not something that would interest us youngsters...The place has vast acres of green pasture and we started off on the right note too with a game of cricket...
The game was fun since we got to see our SPM,DM,PM's and PA's rubbing shoulder with us S.E's at the same level.
After that we had a game of musical chairs.It may sound boring and trust me the trip was boring,but the sight of seeing grown up playing that game just brought out the funny side of the whole affair.People were tumbling over and chasing each other in pursuit of that eculsive chair...
After the fun and frolics we got down to the serious business of dancing but alas the D.J didn't have anything but hindi songs...
We dragged ourselves to the dance floor and tried enjoying the music but after the experience of the D.J in the previous account party we had,this one was a big let down....
The silver lining of the entire trip was the dinner...
Man what a meal...
A full course Indian thali...
I hogged like a pig which I usually do anyways...
The trip ended at 11 in the nite, a bit early for an account party but I was happy.I needed sleep badly after the t.p we guys did in the room the previous nite since Gaurav had come for the weekend from Mysore.
I forgot to add that in the afternoon the same day my ex-PM gave our entire Purtron(that's my previous project) group a lunch treat at dominos...
Again needless to say that I hogged like anything.
Well that's all abt Friday.If u though this was fun then the time I had in the weekend ahead was even better.
Sarturday started with an early morning cricket practise at F.C road.I reached the place at 7.30 am alongwith Akhilesh...
The practise was uneventful. Finally the cricket season has started.
I reached home at 10.45 alongwith Girish and then we guys made our way to Baner in the car to pick up Dilip and his friends.
I was taking my car back to Mumbai today after 3 months.
The drive back to Mumbai was far from uneventful.
At first we thought that one of the tyres was punctured so we stopped on the way to get it checked.
Then when we were on the expressway I realized that I hadn't filled petrol in the car and we were running dangerously low on it.
Keeping our fingers crossed I sped throught the open roads admiring the beautiful scenic images around me hoping to land on a petrol pump soon.Luckily for us with the last drop of petrol consumed by the car we reached a petrol pump on our way!!
After getting the car refuelled we were on our way again, listening to Golmaal,DCH and ya KANK along the way.
We had a small scare on the way, when in a tunnel and with me speeding at 110km/hr the car sped through a wet patch on the road and swivered uncontrollably at first before easing out again.After that it was cruise control till Sion where I got caught in a huge traffic jam that too in the scorching heat in the afternoon at around 2 pm.
Finally reached home by 3pm and after lunch went straight to bed.
The evening was well spent resting at home and catching up on stuff on T.V.
On Sunday morning I went for a haircut in the morning and shaved off all my hair on my head...Yup I have a clean shavened head now!!
In the afternoon after lunch Jimish came to my place and we saw a bit of Salaam Namaste before leaving for Lokandwala to meet up with Hitesh...
Man whenever I meet this guy,I get totally amazed by his thinking and ways of doing things.
He will be leaving for Europe tonite for 3 months of sightseeing on the pretense of following up on an exchange course.And if that was not enough the countries on his agenda to visit : England,Scotland,France,Germany,Holland,Italy...
Hey Hitesh did I miss anything!
Hope you have an amazing time.
Well after meeting up with him it was time for football on the beach(TOPS).
I,Jimish,Mohit,Jay and Sanket made up the field and had a blast enjoying playing on the sand after ages.Man it felt as if nothing had changed and we were back in college doing what we did best: enjoy football at the beach.The only difference- before we would be atleast 15 guys and now a paltry 5.Still it was great fun playing after a longtime.
After that we went to college and had our customary burjee pav and pav bhaji!
The nite was spent in Fanoos as has become a custom on Sunday nites.Got a cake for Sanket from "Hangout".Went to that place after like a yr and a half...
Well got him a whisky flavoured chocolate cake which was savoured by the four of us...
The nite was spent having hooka and talking about our experiences in the I.T industry in the past one yrIn all a weekend to remember since after a long time we guys spent quality time with each other...

No comments: