Thursday, September 21, 2006

Party Time!!

The past 48 hours of my life has been spent partying and roaming around.
On 19th we guys i.e Annshul,Namit,Saurabh (the birthday boy) and myself went to Pizza Hut to celebrate the "Great one's" birthday!!
After waiting for nearly an hour we finally got tables.Knowing the four of us, deciding on what to eat wasn't a problem.Here were 4 guys who have literally been living on pizza from either Dominos or Pizza hut for a while now.No sooner had the Garlic breads and pizza arrived that we were ordering for seconds.After a sumptuous meal we finally left the place around 11.30 pm.
Back in the comfort of our home, I & Annshul got down to business and opened up our books to atleast try and study something(for CAT) though in our minds it was just an act to pacify the guilt stemming from the fact that we spent 2.5 hrs in having dinner instead of utilizing that time to study.We again resolved to study diligently from tomorrow.Hee....Hee... we always tend to do that...
Well again on 20th i.e yesterday I had a big celebration party of the football team.
The occassion:- Finishing 3rd in the recently concluded tournament...
The entire day was spent flooding mails to each other in the football group deciding on the time and mode of transport to reach there.
Man I must have posted atleast 20 mails in the group just to decide how and when w'll be leaving.
We started this discussion in the morning around 11 and till 6 in the evening we hadn't arrived to any conclusion.(You guys will be wondering don't I do any work.Well that's something I'll discuss in my next post.)
Finally it was decided that I'll get my car from home and the guys from my area will reach the place via the office bus.
I reached "Veer Da Dhabha"; that's the place where we usually meet up alongwith one of my teammates.
This palce is along the Mumbai-Bangalore highway and is a typical highway dhabha.
After settling down and gulping down a few shots and chicken kebabs, the obvious discussion started on what else but football!! What else will you have when there are 5 Bengalis sans myself in a group of 13 people.
As the night passed and the count of the drinks increased the topic of discussion veered from the E.P.L,to the Spanish League, to Series A and finally to Indian football especially the clash of the titans of Indian football.
On one corner the few supporters of East Bengal and on the other corner the supporters of Mohun Bagan.Mind you the discussion on ManU vs Arsenal match & the Chelsea vs Liverpool match as well as them atch fixing saga of Italian League and the status of Spanish league were all already discussed before reaching this final point of discussion.
After all the serious talks and discussion on football on all levels we came back to the reason why were were celebrating tonite. By this time I must have already gulped about 6 shots of vodka...
Finally we ended the party or should I say our discussion forum by posing for a few, sorry a hell lot of snaps taken mostly by me of course...
The photo sessions started from the dinner table to the parking lot and then to the top of the hood of my car.
In the end we were 5 of us in my car and we left the place in high spirits for obvious reasons towards sweet home and to my beloved bed...
Man it was a crazy nite...
Must do this again and hopefully next time w'll be celebrating a tournament victory and not a 3rd place finish...
Cheers...

1 comment:

Namit said...

Those were the days!.I feel nostalgic now:)