Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's a Start !!

Well the credit or the brickbats for me starting my own blog must go to Manas and Hitesh.
Reading their respective blogs compelled me to start my own. So here it is...

Today is Tuesday 19th Sept '06 and I am sitting in office at 6.45 in the evening doing this...
As for the day, same old story which most I.T folks will agree to....
No work, but you have to look busy else before you know it you will be assigned workloads of assignments which is not to be done by you officially but by your PM or PA.(instead you end up in the office in the weekend doing their crappy work).
Actually I had work which was to be done today but my onsite contact was himself in a fix because he had to give a presentation to the client.
So there I was sitting comfortably on my seat and playing fantasyfootball and checking ManU sites and ofcourse orkutting the whole day and in between doing some work just for the heck of it!!
Well actually my work begins when everybody from my office is starting to leave...
after 6 cause that's the time we usually have a talk with our onsite resource...
My project is still at the planning stage so life is bit relaxed now but I know that the happy days are about to end cause starting from tomorrow I have to start working on the testcases for the current project.
So goodbye to orkutting and surfing for a while I guess.
On the personal front life is the same...
2 months to go for CAT and still not started preparing for it...
Guess I have resigned to the fact that I'll be enjoying the hospitalities of Infy for another year.
This Sunday I got my lowest ever Test score in a CAT prep paper.
A paltry 11.5!! Can you believe that...
Though it doesn't help if you reach 20 minutes late for the test but still 11.5 is way too less man!!
That too when my confidence level was moving upwards at a good rate, the Sunday fiasco has brought it plummeting down.
So yesterday nite my roomies got a jolt when i reached home way past midnite from office and started analyzing the paper in the nite...
Well don't get any ideas abt the late nite bit!
I was sitting in office from 7.30 doing what I do most now days...
surfing the net and in between studying a bit...
I guess I am preparing for next year's CAT from now...Hee...hee.

No comments: